Did you enjoy the list of fun facts about fitness and health that I posted a couple of weeks ago? Here are some interesting facts about different ways of exercising If the previous facts did not make you leave that couch and move, I guarantee the importance of exercising!
1. As much as it may stress you out just to think about exercising, once you actually start working out, you’ll feel less stressed because regular exercise can boost mood and overall mental state.
2. Walking: Did you know that every minute you walk extends your life by one and a half to two minutes? What are you waiting for? Put on your sneakers and walk to those places you always said you wanted to explore! Not only will you cross something off your bucket list, you’ll also add more hours to your life!
3. Cycling: Want to benefit your heart without stressing your back, hips, knees and ankles? Rent a bike and cycle through the city and make use of the beautiful weather and the sun!
4. Zumba: If you’re not into going to the gym or you don’t think exercising is fun, Zumba is the solution for you! With this dancing-fitness program, you can burn up to 1,000 calories in an hour-long Zumba class if you really feel the music and move that body! You have no excuse now, do you?
5. Jumping rope: I don’t know about you, but my favorite game when I as a kid was definitely jumping rope! Too bad I only realized now that I shouldn’t have stopped it! Turns out that it not only burns lots of calories, but is also a great way to improve your coordination. Also, jumping rope involves almost every muscle in your body. If you want to relive childhood memories, buy yourself a jumping rope and start burning them calories!
Last but not least, it is important for you to know that if you are not a regular exerciser, by the time you are 65 you may experience as much as an 80% decrease in your muscle strength. You may think that it’s never too late, but why wait and risk your health? Stop finding lame excuses. Stop being lazy. Live healthy, live long!